Social media is taking center stage within any marketing campaign, brands are no longer in ‘wait and watch mode’. Every business is trying to find the right node to succeed with its audience.
- 2010 was the year of Exploration– Where brands/business were still figuring out “How to Start or Proceed”, deciding whether to be on Facebook or Twitter.
- 2011 was the year of Expansion – Where brands focused on expanding the size on its community, chasing those Facebook likes (fans) or Twitter followers. The one with higher number represented higher success.
- 2012 has been the year of Engagement – Where brands have realized that ‘Size doesn’t matter’ and it is engagement that drives success on social media. Relevant two way conversation between brands and consumers is what communities thrive upon.
As we come to the end of 2012, I believe 2013 will be the year of Evolution. It will be an evolution of
- The way we approach marketing as the business function .
- Our take towards an interactive (Social + Mobile + Digital) approach and not activate on different channels in siloes.
- How the consumer behaviors of content consumption are leveraged as part of campaigns (Media, TV, etc.)
In the year 2013, to succeed brands will be have to embrace the changing trends and act quick to evolve with the emerging technologies.
The folks at TwinEngine just published this infographic predicting 13 trends related to Social media in the year 2013.